Principal Job Function
To serve the membership of First Baptist Church by providing leadership in the primary tasks of the church which are worship, witness, education, ministry, and discipleship. This will be done through music, under supervision of the pastor.
- A Christian whose life reflects the presence and leadership of Christ in all aspects of his/her life.
- Experience in the ministry of church music at volunteer and/or vocational levels.
- Be able to read music and present it to the musicians in a format they can follow.
- Must have a working knowledge of technology as it relates to music production
- Present a blended style music service, i.e., average of two hymns during corporate worship.
- Coordinate with the pastor in planning, conducting, and evaluating congregational services as requested.
- Direct the work of the musicians and media team, planning with them ahead of time for the music, visuals and order of Sunday worship service.
- Be available to plan music for funerals of church members as needed.
- Plan, organize, promote and present special musical programs (e.g., Christmas and Easter).
- Strive to utilize members of the congregation in the music program.
- Work with the Ministerial staff and Praise Team in establishing goals for growth and lead the church to accomplish these goals.
- Seek to personally share his/her faith in Christ with lost individuals.
- Prepare an annual music program budget request for the finance committee and administer the approved budget.
If interested, please contact the Music Search Committee at email@example.com.