A. Christ Suffered on the Cross for our Salvation.
- He was forsaken by God (22:1)
- He was despised and mocked (22:6-8
- His prayers were unanswered (22:2)
- He was overpowered by ferocious men (22:12-13)
- He went through the physical and emotional agony of crucifixion (22:14-18)
B. How should I respond to Christ who suffered for me?
- I should trust God when my prayers go unanswered
- I should see the greatness of my sin, and the greater greatness of Christ’s love
- I should submit to him, knowing that he ordains suffering to come into my life